Personal information collectedWe collect information:
- When you register an account to become a EventHero user (“User”), such as your name, e-mail, employer, country, and a password.
- When you add to your profile with further information about yourself or your private contacts and other Member-to-Member communication.
- Like all websites, we automatically receive from your internet use information like your IP address, the URLs of sites from which you arrive or leave the EventHero website, your type of browser, your operating system, your mobile provider, your mobile device, and your ISP.
- We retain information you provide in connection with third party services available through EventHero like surveys and polls or other third party research undertaken with your consent.
Uses of personal informationWe use the information you provide to:
- Enable you to share your information and communicate with other Users, or provide your personal details to third parties offering combined services with EventHero;
- Administer your account with us and customize the service we provide to you and other Users; and t
- Send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the EventHero website
- We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal identifiable information to any third parties for marketing purposes. We also provide you with the means to control whether or not your contact information is viewable to other Users through your profile.
Your information choicesYou can:
- Review, enhance or edit your personal information through your personal profile page;
- Choose what information you make available to search engines through your profile;
- Control the messages you receive from EventHero and other Users and how these messages are sent;
- Change your settings to control visibility and accessibility through our website; and
- Tell us to close your EventHero account.
- Your obligations to other Users.
SecurityPersonal information you provide will be secured with industry standards and technology. Since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to EventHero. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
Introduction:The mission of EventHero is to connect people at conferences and events to enable them to be more productive and successful. We work to fulfill this mission by helping you, your connections, and millions of other professionals meet, exchange ideas, learn, make deals, find opportunities or employees, work, and make decisions in a network of trusted relationships and groups. Being part of EventHero means sharing information about yourself with other people, communicating with them, as well as working privately on your own. By default, your account is set up to share the information that we have found the vast majority of our Users are interested in sharing. But the amount and type of information you decide to share, and with whom you share it, is up to you. Here are the three main types of information on EventHero:
- Information about yourself that you share. This is the information that your connections, other professionals, and companies see about you. This includes your profile and your contributions to discussions on EventHero Groups, Answers, or other community features EventHero may offer. You have control over what you share, and you can update information at any time.
- Communication. We help you communicate with connections and other professionals. Some of this is one-to-one, some of it is in groups, and some of it is public discussion. You decide how much or how little you wish to communicate to individuals or groups.
- Private activity. We also provide tools that you can use privately on EventHero (for example, searching, or adding notes to your connections information.) These actions and information are private and we don’t share or distribute them to others on the website.
- We do not rent, sell, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not share any information you have not chosen to display on your EventHero profile to other parties, unless compelled by law, or as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of EventHero, its Users, and the public.
- All information that you provide will be protected with industry standard protocols and technology.
- Information collected by EventHero
- How EventHero uses your information
- Your information choices
- Your obligations as a User
- How to contact us
- Personal information collected
RegistrationIn order to become a User, you must first use your LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter account to gain access to the service, then provide us the following information to create an account: name and email address. We do not store password information but rather use the third party authorization services of other social networks. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you, and by creating an account on EventHero, you allow others, including EventHero, to identify you.
Customer ServiceWe may collect information through the EventHero website or through our customer service website in order to, among other things, accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
Site UsageWe may collect information about the fact that you use certain features and functionality of EventHero, interact with third party Platform Applications like InApps, click on ads, or participate in research initiatives like polling and surveys on EventHero.
Advertising and Web BeaconsTo support the Services we provide at no cost to our Users, as well as provide a more relevant and useful experience for our Users, we may serve our own ads and also may allow third party advertisements on the site. These advertisements are targeted and served to Users, by both EventHero and other companies, called ad networks. Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. Advertisements on EventHero may be targeted to Users who fit a certain general profile category (e.g., “product managers in Texas”) or may be based on anonymized information inferred from a User’s profile (e.g., industry, compensation bracket, gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, or other aspects of your life) in addition to a User’s use of the EventHero site. EventHero does not provide personally identifiable information to any third party ad network.
Log files, IP addresses and information about your computer and mobile deviceDue to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit the EventHero website we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave EventHero. EventHero also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, mobile device operating system (if you are accessing EventHero using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We use this information to analyze overall trends to help improve the service. The linkage between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described in Section 2.K (“Compliance with Legal Process”), below.
Linked AccountsIf you link your EventHero account to another account or service, or use other, third-party sites or services in conjunction with your EventHero account, we may collect information related to your use of third party sites and services accessed through EventHero or when you access EventHero through a third-party site or service.
Rights to Access, Correct and Eliminate Information About YouYou have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to EventHero. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You may request deletion of your information at any time by contacting EventHero customer service. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Uses of personal information
EventHero CommunicationsAs described in the User Agreement, we will communicate with you through email and notices posted on the EventHero website, messages to your EventHero inbox, or through other means available through the service, including mobile text messages. We may send you a series of emails that help inform new Users about the features of the Services, and we will also send you service messages relating to the functioning of the Services. We may also send you messages with promotional information directly or on behalf of our partners, unless you have opted out of receiving promotional information. You can change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your settings related to your email notification choices. If you wish, you can also opt-out of receiving promotional emails by sending a request to EventHero customer service through our customer service site. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from EventHero. Also, if we send communications to you via the carrier service with which you have a mobile communications subscription or otherwise have access, you understand you will pay any service fees associated with your receipt of messages on your mobile device (including text messaging charges).
User CommunicationsMany communications you initiate through EventHero (e.g., an invitation sent to a non-User) will list your primary email address and name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network), but will not list the people to whom you’re directly connected. Other communications that you initiate through the EventHero website, like a request for an introduction, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal email address contact information. Your contact information will only be shared with another User if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
Customized ContentWe use information provided to us (or to third parties with whom it offers combined services) to customize your experience on our website. For example, when you login to your account, we will display the names of new Users who have recently joined your network or recent status updates from your connections.
Sharing Information with Third PartiesEventHero takes the privacy of our Users very seriously, and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes. Further, we will only share your personally identifiable information with third parties to carry out your instructions or to provide the Services or information unless compelled by law, or as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of EventHero, its Users, and the public. We may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on EventHero.
Polls and SurveysPolls and Surveys may be conducted by EventHero, EventHero Users or third parties. As a User, you may be invited to participate in polls and surveys from the EventHero mobile app. Your selection may be random, or it may be based on your non-personally identifiable information, such as job title, geography, company size and/or industry. Whether or not you decide to participate in a poll or survey is completely up to you. After you complete a poll, you will be given access to the aggregate responses of the poll on a results page. Some third parties may target advertisements to you on the results page based on your answers in the poll. Further, EventHero or third parties may follow up with you via email regarding your participation unless you have opted out of receiving email messages. We may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in surveys or polls. If the delivery of incentives requires your contact information, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information to the third party fulfilling the incentive offer, which will only be used for the purpose of delivering incentives and/or verifying your contact information. It is up to you whether you provide this information, or whether you desire to take advantage of an incentive. We will not disclose any personally identifiable information to any third parties in connection with the conduct of any polls or surveys. Your consent to use any personally identifiable information for the purposes set forth in the poll or survey will be explicitly requested by the party conducting it. You may opt-out of participating in Surveys by changing your settings to stop receiving these inquiries and requests.
SearchWe offer search services to help find information and learn more about other Users (for example, you can search for Users with particular expertise or consulting experience, or that you may know from your industry or profession), as well as employment opportunities. EventHero search also allows Users to find jobs, companies, and contributions to the community aspects of the EventHero Services that will help Users more effectively use EventHero and expand their network. We use information from User profiles and contributions to Groups and Answers to inform and refine our search service.
Twitter, Facebook, and other ServicesIf you connect your public Twitter account, Facebook newsfeed or import a blog, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there can be read, collected, or used by other Users with whom you’ve shared your EventHero profile. EventHero is not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums.
Compliance with Legal ProcessIt is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information and/or information about your activities as a EventHero User when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if EventHero has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (a) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to enforce the User Agreement, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of EventHero, our Users, employees, or others.
Disclosures to othersWe may also disclose your personal information and other information you provide to another third party as part of a reorganization or a sale of the assets of EventHero Corporation, a subsidiary or division. Any third party to which EventHero transfers or sells EventHero’s assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
Your information choices
Accessing and Changing Your Account InformationYou can review the personal information you provided to us and make any desired changes to the information you publish, or to the settings for your EventHero account including your email and contact preferences, at any time by logging in to your account on the EventHero website. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, EventHero may, for a time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database.
Default SettingsBecause the mission of EventHero is to connect people at conferences and events to enable them to be more productive and successful, we have established what we believe to be reasonable default settings that we have found most people desire. Because Users may use and interact with EventHero in a variety of ways, and because those uses may change over time, we designed our settings to provide our users granular control over the information they share. We encourage our Users to review their account settings and adjust them in accordance with their preferences. EventHero accounts are also defaulted to allow Users to be contacted to participate in polls, surveys and partner advertising.
Closing Your AccountYou can close your account through the EventHero customer service site. If you close your EventHero account, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our publicly viewable database. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain data contributed by you if EventHero believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. EventHero may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other Users. For example, just as an email you may send to another person through an email service provider resides in that person’s inbox even after you delete it from your sent files or close your account, emails or connection requests you send on EventHero to other Users may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. Similarly, other information you have shared with others, or that other Users have copied, may also remain visible. EventHero disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. EventHero does not control when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain public profile information that has since been removed from EventHero’s publicly viewable database.
Your ObligationsAs a User, you have certain obligations to other Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly communities of like-minded members such as EventHero:
- You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of EventHero and its community of Users.
- You must not provide to EventHero and/or other Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
- You must keep your username and password confidential and not share it with others.
- Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at the sole discretion of EventHero.